Monday, February 12, 2018

Love Parade


As a kid growing up in a suburb of Portland, Oregon, I loved going to the Portland Rose Festival Parade in June. My oldest brother was a trumpeter in the high school's band, so besides enjoying the parade floats that glided by, I had the thrill of seeing my sibling marching with the late spring light gleaming on his brass Doc Severinson horn.

Today, my idea of a good parade would be even more joyful. Using the writer Kahlil Gibran's phrase, it would be "a procession of love"    a celebration of people and creatures and all the natural world.

Many thanks to the New Verse News for publishing my vision for a parade in their post today. You can find my new poem at https://newversenews.blogspot.com/search/label/Linda%20Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment