Sunday, January 1, 2017

Certain Women



As I make plans for a new season of women's writing classes, I've been thinking about all of the women who've inspired my work. I've also realized that the list is nearly infinite because it includes famous writers (Jane Austen! Kate Atkinson! Naomi Shihab Nye!) as well as friends, family members, neighbors, students and even cyber friends I don't know all that well who enrich the lives of others by sharing snippets of their personal stories online.

If you live in the Portland area and are looking for creative inspiration from other women, my winter writing classes begin January 9.
Creative Writing for Women: Explore the depths of your imagination and memory. Write from prompts that may lead to new poems, stories, personal essays and other creative pieces. All experience levels are welcome to join this encouraging group.

Mondays, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
January 9 – March 13
TaborSpace, 5441 SE Belmont
 $80 for all 8 weeks or $12 to drop in
(No class 1/16 & 2/20)


No comments:

Post a Comment