Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Fabulously Unapologetic

Just three more weeks to preorder my newest book, Not Me: Poems About Other Women. This collection is a little different from my last one because it's all fiction...or is it?

Thanks to the sublime Claudia F. Savage for this early praise:

The real and imaginary women chosen for Linda Ferguson’s Not Me: Poems About Other Women fulfill every woman’s desire to be contrary, individual, and luminous. Fabulously unapologetic and brilliantly aware, Ferguson gives them their due amplification—“this is me, this is me” declares Constance Hopkins, “the scrape of a metal file across an old axe blade. / The screech of violin strings when a bow touches them.” “I will not… I will not…” defies the Princess in Pisanello’s House of Este. These women are feral (“today I’m a creature, breathing,”); their voices sure. Every poem offers the subject’s clear sense of self and her awe at the world. In Ferguson’s deft hands, we wonder “what else she might become.”

Claudia F. Savage, author of Bruising Continents





No comments:

Post a Comment