Thursday, July 14, 2022

Knock Knock

 



The moment I've waiting for: My Bluebird uniform has arrived, and I can't wait to wear it to school, smiling, with my two front teeth missing. 

The only hitch is Bluebirds have to go door to door selling candy, too. I like eating it (especially the mints), but selling it, no thank you.

My family comes to the rescue. My soft-hearted dad takes the candy to the office and sells it to his workmates. Then my grandmother, who has a sweet tooth, buys several boxes for herself and stacks them on top of her refrigerator where they'll be close at hand.

Today, in 2022, I'm faced with trying to meet another selling quota. Not candy this time, but poetry. I have two new books this year, and my publishers, understandably, would like me to promote them.

So consider this post a light knock on your door. My newest chapbook, Not Me: Poems About Other Women, is available for preorder until August 26 and can be ordered here

My award-winning chapbook, Of the Forest, was also released in February and can be ordered here

Here's some praise for both books:

Not Me: Poems About Other Women

Through a prism of voices, both real and imaginary, we gain new understanding of women's lives in a world that is not always made for them. At once subversive and strong, Ferguson's imaginative language both heightens and deepens our awareness of ourselves and others. Diane Averill, author of Beautiful Obstacles.

Of the Forest

Though she tells us this is a 'simple suburban story,' every poem in this collection is a jewel, obscured by a diaphanous curtain of imagination, beckoning us to look behind. –Judith Armatta, author of Twilight of Impunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment